Sunday, July 06, 2008

But seriously...

We had a great Independence Day. We went to the Idaho Falls firework show. Melaleuca calls it the "biggest west of the Mississippi." I'm not sure where they get that. Bigger than firework shows in cities covering more than half the size of the United States? Houston? Phoenix? Salt Lake City? Los Angeles? Seattle? I'd like to see some quantitative proof. Oh well. At least it was fun.

We watched from the grass of the new Hilton Garden Inn Hotel. My parents came, as well as Jessi's parents, Jared, Chandler, and Jared's boys.
Just getting out of the parking lot took us more than 30 minutes after the show.

On Saturday, we had a barbeque at my in-laws' place. This has kind of become a tradition since it's Chandler's birthday on July 5. Then we went out and saw Iron Man while the kiddies did fireworks.

We're really blessed. I can't think of another place I'd rather be than here!

0 comments: