Monday, March 24, 2008

Kid Opera

I have to backtrack a little for this entry. Jaydn's 1st grade class put on an opera a few weeks ago. They wrote the words. They wrote the storyline. And they helped write the music. They even created the set.

1st grade.
In the opera, they are pilgrim kids that fall asleep and wake up in 2008. They go to school but are really confused, don't like the food, and can't understand their teacher. So, they figure they need to get back in time, so they get in their Delorean (oops, wrong story), I mean, they try a potion with hair and pickles but it doesn't work. So they create a time machine and, suddenly, they wake up as pilgrim kids again.

Yup, 1st grade.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Are you kidding me? They wrote an opera!?!? That is so awesome!

Whitney the Booth said...

Hey Jesse! I haven't talked to you in a while. I hope everything is going well for you! I am overseas for a study abroad program. The chef here is going to make that salsa I keep telling her about. I was hoping you could give me your recipe again. Write me back soon! See you later!
Whitney

Darcy said...

That is pretty neat that the kids wrote and designed everything. I don't know if they'd even attempt that in my school system. WE shall see as soon as I have a kiddo in school.