Sunday, November 05, 2006

Fia Fia Night

On Wednesday, we went to the "Fia Fia Night" at Sadie's Restaurant as part of Jaydn's 6th birthday. It was one of the first times I have actually felt like a tourist here.

Sadie's is probably one of the fanciest restaurants on the island. The night began with an excellent buffet dinner, complete with shrimp, pinapple ham, teriyaki chicken, steak, rice, sautee vegetables, oka (raw fish), and a nice dessert selection. It was a great meal.

We knew before coming that a Samoan dance show was included in the deal, but no one told us where it was. We assumed it was in the restaurant, but we realized we were wrong when (1) we noticed that most of the people in the restaurant had left and (2) we heard music and applause outside. That's the only complaint I have of the night!

There were Samoan, Hawaiian, Fijian, and Tahitian dances performed outside the restaurant.


It was really fun. Jessi especially liked the dances, because she is learning many of them in her dance class.

The highlight of the night was the fireknife dance.



What a fun night. It all looks so fun. But you won't catch me flinging fire like that anytime soon.

1 comments:

Proud Mum said...

These pictures REALLY made me miss Hawaii. I worked at PCC nearly the whole time I was there -- I saw those dances almost every night! Great pictures, by the way, some of those are really hard to get!

(how's this for interesting, my word verification is: iolana)