Thursday, November 09, 2006

Election 2006

I was about to discuss Election Fiasco American Samoa for you; then I read my co-clerk's blog entry. Instead of reinventing the wheel, I'll direct you there: http://weaver-in-samoa.blogspot.com. After reading, return to my blog and continue reading (by the way, if I gave you $100 if you voted for me, would you do it?).

After my co-clerk wrote his blog entry, we also learned that one of the candidates running for the A.S. House (against the friend mentioned on my co-clerk's blog) didn't even live in the district in which he ran. He garnered 200 or more votes; our friend lost by less than 100. At work, I printed out the local law criminalizing election bribery. I'm going to give it to my friend and encourage a fight. Am I right in doing this? Who knows. But I just think it's refreshing when people fight through corruption, instead of backing down.

0 comments: