Monday, June 02, 2008

Baby Names

OK, we're not thinking about them yet, and have no reason to think yet (so don't get any ideas), but I thought these real Samoan names placed on Markus and Liz's blog were just priceless.

29
Abcde
Aetalo - means eat taro
Afasene (half-a-cent)
Alcapone
Anewvision
Army and Navy (Brothers)
Baby
Batchlor (spelled like that)
Bear
Beaver Ho Ching
Billclinton
Boyblue
California
Christmas
Cinderella
Clever
Conference
Dynamite
Eddie & Edwin (Two brothers, possibly twins)
Fa'afetai (thank you)
Fa'afetai Fa'afetai Jr.
Fabulous
Fantastic
Fiapapalagi
Gasoliga (remember the g=n)
Hail-Mary
Han Solo
Happy
Hurricane
Kirisimasi (Christmas)
Kuwait
Larrybird
LBJ (The hospital is named LBJ)
Lima (5 or hand in Samoan, was probably the fifth kid)
Marie Antoinette Resurrected
Moonstar
Muliei
New Year
Nixon
Omaha
Oti (dead)
Pago Pago
Pluto
Ponce de Leon
Popeye
Poti (Male Sex Organ)
PrettyPrincess
Pu'u Brown
Queen
Rainmaker
Rapture
Rectal
Rocky and Rambo (brothers)
Roketi (Rocket---tons of those)
Saddam
Salvation
Samoa
Shaqkobe or Kobeshaq
Socrates
Souvenir
Sterchicht
Superbowl
Tajmahal
Tutuila (The name of the island)
Ultimate Warrior
United States of America
United States of Samoa

I personally enjoyed seeing "Helicopter" for a name when I was there.

So, if any of you are expecting...

2 comments:

Yours truly said...

That is too funny, I think my next kid I will name superbowl or united states of america. I think those are very american names and with Landon being a soldier and all :) funny!

Blog Bling said...

Love the name list!

From one adoptive mom to another, I know it's hard to wait! Jazz up your blog with BLOG BLING and get more attention!

Check out my user profile!

Best wishes as you await your next blessing!