Saturday, September 22, 2007

Yellowstone Weekend

Ah, nothing like a weekend in Yellowstone. Well, I guess it was just an overnighter, but we did spend today at some of the sights. This was Jaydn's first time, and he loved every minute.

If you've never been to Yellowstone, let me key you in on some of the tell-tale signs that you're in Yellowstone.

1. You'll probably see lots of steam,

2. Dead trees, hot water on the ground,

3. Bubbling pots of goo in the ground, smiling children,

4. Kids looking at their new Yellowstone rock collections,

5. Huge black birds flying everywhere,

6. Buffalo the size of half a car walking in the parking lot,

I could almost reach out and touch you, big fella (but I most definitely won't).

7. Huge hotels made up of enough cut wood to plant a fully-grown forest,

8. Large bursts of water coming out of the ground that make blowholes look like baby spit,




Sorry about it being sideways. I couldn't figure out how to flip it. And I promise that the guy saying "WOW" behind me, IS NOT ME!!! So just get that thought out of your mind.

8. Ahem, where was I? Bald eagles,

9. Beautiful canyons,

10. Interesting trees, happy people,

11. And wet waterfalls.
12. Don't forget a happy son (did I already say that?).

1 comments:

Darcy said...

Watch out Letterman, we've got a new top Ten writer in the house!